Friday 11 March 2011

Waterfall of cool

And at the end of the first day, we all filed back in to the Fleming Room here at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference room, 800 scruffy geeks and a guy standing at the front in a suit watching Wall-E on the big screen.

A fellow delegate sitting not too far away from me made a comment about talks by guys in suits. I called out "He's from NASA. He's cooler than you".

And what do you know?  He was. I'm afraid, I didn't take notes, but I did tweet a bit.
Basically, this guy has budgets in the billions to make toys with. Really expensive, very important sciencey toys. Like deep space communicators and mars rock vapourising lasers. And he loves it.

Well, you would, wouldn't you?

Oh, and remind me to tell you the story of the Mars Bunny some time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment